Monday, October 25, 2010

All Aboard!!

Chris had the weekend off so we pondered what we could do as a family that was affordable. I had a buy one get one free coupon for the Kentucky Railway Museum so we decided to do that.

Makenna and Maddax have been into trains lately. At Aunt Sherries this past week both of them were loving playing with her Brio Train Set. Maddax spent the next few days saying, "Choo, Choo." Plus the fact that we live in a town where a train goes through about every hour. Maddax has to let us all know when he hears it outside.

We left after church on Sunday and trudged our way to New Haven. This town is not foreign to me since it is were my dad grew up but the roads we traveled were. Most of our trips to my grandmother found me sleeping the entire trip, so I had to pay close attention to the directions I had written down from the Internet. We finally made it, barely, with Chris driving. He was using his police tactics on "Dog legged" roads. Not a good mix especially when there is a prego on board.

We toured the museum first. We did not make it any further than 10 feet from the door. The kiddos were being held captive by 3 train tables. They played and played and would have played longer but the train was on its way to pick us up.




So we left the train tables and stood in line at the bathrooms for what felt like an eternity. Emme found this fun as she made a trampoline of my bladder the entire time I waited.

The train arrived with Maddax in tears. He had never been that close to a train horn and it scared him terribly. He was saying, "Pappy, Pappy." Which translates into Pacifier Please. I had stuck one in my purse for just such an occasion and he perked right up once he saw it.

We boarded the train. The kids were so excited they could not sit still. Chris and I were being wallored on the entire ride by at least one of them. They chanted Choo, Choo. Off we went. They stared out the window naming things that they saw. Maddax would try to repeat everything Makenna would say, but with his still baby like speech and a pappy in his mouth it was difficult to understand. He smiled regardless.




We enjoyed our trip on the train and then loaded back into the car for the long trip home. We had misplaced the directions so we decided to guess our way back home. Yeah we had GPS but where is the fun in that? We made it back to the interstate and both kiddos drifted off into dreamland. I am sure ther were probably trains involved in those sweet little dreams they had.

It was a great day. I love my family.

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved being there with you to see the joy in those little faces. I sure wish I could see them more often then I do, but life has it's things of dislike and we must live with it and find happiness in each day. I do enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Keep them coming for they give me a peek into your lives of love and and togetherness. Mom

    ReplyDelete