Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Boy Turns Two

I know it is a little late. Maddax turned 2 on Thursday but free time is not like it used to be.

We got him up and started his day with chocolate doughnuts, his favorite. He was so excited.


Then he got two balloons, Elmo and Cars. Both of his favorite shows. And by favorite I mean walks around all the time repeated these characters. Makenna was a little jealous because she did not have balloons but we had to remind her that she got balloons on her birthday and Maddax did not. This is a concept that we had to repeat several times throughout the day.


Chris went out and bought Maddax a cake. I was to tired to make a cake like last year so Dairy Queen saved the day. We got him a Cars cake. He wanted to make sure he got the piece with Sally on it. She is his favorite Cars character.  Makenna on the other hand wanted to eat Mater. He is my favorite too.



The dye on the cake was staining everyone teeth and clothes. Maddax looked like the Joker from Batman if you ask me.  I am sure his poop will be some awkward color thanks to the red dye. I only had a couple of bites of the ice cream only since I am nursing Emme.


Cake was followed up by presents. We got him a Radio Flyer tricycle, second hand thanks to the Ky Kids Consignment Sale in E-town. He also got a Cars helmet to go with his new bike. He screamed "kikickel". Elmo rides a tricycle in one of his books so he knew exactly what it was. He could not wait to ride it. I was glad to have bought one with a parents handle to save my back.


It was a good day.  Outside of the fact that Makenna is learning that she is not an only child and that other children in our family have special days besides her. I know it will be a work in progress.

I am so glad to have been giving the opportunity to be Maddax's mommy. God knew I needed his hugs and kisses throughout the day when daddy is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment