Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A great leader

So I woke up this morning with an extremely sore abdomen. I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. On Monday at work I had to get re-certified in CPR on a computer dummy. I spent and hour and 40 minutes in there, thus the sore abs. All I can say is if you are an infant, I can save a life. If you are an adult, the compressions may be too fast, too slow, too deep, or too shallow so you might survive. Needless to say I know why my stomach is so sore.

Since my last update I had been on a hunt for a kids snuggie. Chris bought me one for Christmas and Makenna was beside herself to get one as well, "In pink monnie." I asked her where her money was and she said, " In my giraffe bank that I got from Nana at Christmas." Smart kid. So thus began the hunt. After many a Walgreens and a few Bed, Bath and Beyonds, the snuggie was found. Hers came with matching pink socks that are so big I can wear, but she did not seem to mind the growth hanging of the end of her foot. She was one happy and warm little girl. Now she and I wear our matching snuggies on the couch when we do quite time.





Maddax has been learning to walk but not with the intentional toy that promotes walking with wheels. No my little man is creative. He stands at either his leapfrog toy or the kitchen chair and proceeds to do a pelvic thrust to advance the object and himself forward. I know, he gets his weirdness from his father of course.





Kenna decided to play dress up yesterday and I found her preparing for the Nutcracker Ballet as she stated. I said where are your tights? She returned like this and I was left speechless.






Today during our family devotional Chris ended with a prayer for the people of Haiti. Makenna being her curious self asked about those people. We told her that there were a lot of hurt kids and mommies and daddies from an earthquake and that they needed our help. I asked her if she wanted to donate some money to those kids who were hurt and she said yes. She went and retrieved her Giraffe bank. Daddy told her whatever she decided to give he would match. She pulled out a $20.00. I was so proud of her. She gets her giving from her father. He is one of the most selfless givers I know always helping others in need. I am so lucky that he is the one God chose to lead our family.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww
    What compassionate and generous little girl! Here's a hug Kenna. Miss you

    ReplyDelete