Monday, July 19, 2010

Just stuff

I am now 13 weeks and counting. Seems like each day I am feeling a little better. The nausea is about gone except for a few blah evenings which is probably more related to what I ate then the baby. The fatigue continues but is generally usurped by an afternoon nap with Maddax and Makenna. However, I have been picking up extra days at work, to offset the 8 weeks of maternity leave when the babies born, so I am missing some naps. I am doing 2 1/2 days a week now. It can be pretty exhausting with the 2 hr and 30 min of driving total. Makenna is not big on me working more but I assure her it is only temporary and try to make more dates for just the 2 of us. My sister kept the kids this last week while I worked since Chris had court the next morning. What would I do without her. So any way, I went down to go to bed and this is how I found Makenna. Not really sure what she was pondering but it looked intense.

Took Maddax to the doc the other day for what I thought was a ear infection but turned out to be a virus. He was waking up all hours of the night, refusing naps, and food. I knew something was up. The funny thing is that as soon as we got a diagnosis he was much better. However, this evening he was not much on going to bed. I think it is probably more teeth related. He is more interesting everyday. He loves to sit and look at books and drive his police car across the kitchen floor. His favorite place is in the dryer. Don't wig out on me. I do not let him in the laundry room without me and I never allow him to close the door.

Maddax has also picked up the love of coloring but has a difficult time holding the crayons. I know my fellow therapists would call me giving him bigger crayons enabling him. I should be breaking the crayons and working on his fine motor dexterity but hey he is only a little boy for a while. My friend who blogs, sippycupsandfingerprints.blogspot.com, gave me the idea of melting old crayons in muffin tins to make new crayons that are bigger and just perfect for little man to hold.  While I was watching them melt in the oven I got to thinking. We are kinda like crayons. Frail little things and sometimes we need to be broken and have a little heat added to allow God to transform us into stronger, bigger crayons. Now I am just like the rest of ya. I do not like having the heat added to my life to transform me but i would much rather feel a little heat now than a whole lotta heat later. You?

On another note I have been back to canning. Tomatoes this time and might I add much easier to can. I love tomatoes. So if you or anyone you know wants to off load some, just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph had an enormous amount of trouble holding crayons and pencils for a long time. Then one day he just got it, about 10 months ago. I wouldn't worry about Maddax for a minute. It's called being a toddler!
    Glad you're starting to feel better and able to keep up with work and canning.

    ReplyDelete