Monday, July 26, 2010

A trip TOO fast

Chris and  I have been working extra days saving up for the maternity leave in January. Needless to say we have not been spending as much "quality" time with the kiddos as we or they would like. We decided to take a small over night trip up to Northern Kentucky. We started out at the Newport Aquarium. Note to you and myself, do not take a small child till after 4 when you can take a stroller in. We went early and Chris and I had to take turns juggling Maddax throughout the tour. He really enjoyed the larger fish and the jellies but not much else was entertaining to him. He got really restless about 2/3 through the tour and we caved, much against our better judgement, to let him walk. Thank goodness I had him wear his squeaky shoes so I knew exactly where he was or where he was trying to run off to. It was his lunch time so we grabbed a quick piece of $4.00 pizza, can you say highway robbery, for the kids to share till we could make it to a place to eat.

                                                    Dropping off the stroller. SOB SOB!!!!



Loving little man's hair.

She is getting so big.



We walked around the waterfront area for awhile and this nice lady on stilts made Makenna and Maddax a balloon animal and flower. Makenna was very excited to know that if she ate her veggies she could grow big  like that girl on the stilts, according to the girl on the stilts. Makenna said, " monnie if I grow big like her then I can touch the bottom of the swimming pool." I love her little mind and how it works.

We got to the hotel later that day and decided to go swimming in the indoor pool. The kids loved it and we were hoping to wear the two of them out for an early bedtime. Maddax was getting tired so I left the pool early with him to give him a bath and get him ready for bed. By the time we got back to the room we were both freezing from the pool water so I decided to turn on the heater in the room. It slowing began to get warm then, BUZZZZZZZ!!! The smoke detector when off. Maddax was not alarmed. I think he much enjoyed momma waving daddy's shirt at the round thing on the wall that was making a really loud noise. After what seemed forever, it stopped and I quickly called the front desk to let them know we were not trying to burn down the hotel.

Makenna and Chris soon returned and found my episode funny. With Maddax finally asleep I tucked Makenna into bed. She asked if I would lay with her for a minute. I said sure. Next thing I know I wake up and it is 9:15 PM. Then I notice that Chris was out in the other bed. We were just as pooped as the kids.

We enjoyed breakfast on the hotel this morning and loaded up the car. I really enjoyed getting away with the family but it was much too short. It is nice to be totally focused on your family and not be distracted by laundry and the such.  I think our next venture will be camping. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment