Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nana and Papaw's Visit

Well my parents made it safely back home to New Mexico last night.  Another round trip to Kentucky under their belt and hoping for one more before the baby comes in January.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.  Their trip got cut a little short because my dad found out his drivers license expired last November.  The DMV office gave him a 10 day extension for him to get back and renew it. So they had to leave on Sunday. Or mom could have drove home. And my dad like most men do not like to hand over driving to their wives when they are perfectly capable.

Mom brought in a bunch of baby clothes for me, both boy and girls. She volunteers at a thrift store in her town and get some serious bargains. So she was glad to offer up some baby clothes for our butter bean. After Maddax we had planned on not having anymore so I got rid of all of Makennas clothes up to 2T and slowly purged Maddax's clothes as he outgrew them.  Then God opened our hearts and here we are today.  She also brought in a travel swing, booster seat, and this blow up duck for the tub.  She figured that Maddax would have a grand time with it in the back yard since he is slightly scared of Makenna's pool. (You would be too if you saw how manic she is on the slide) Needless to say Makenna tried to dominate the duck before Maddax had a chance. She wants to ride the duck down the slide but we nipped that in the bud just as quick as it came out of her mouth.



Later Maddax got ahold of the broom and decided to clean the back patio. That cute little boy just loves to do work around the house. From vacuuming, cleaning the floor, and now sweeping the patio he does it with a happy heart.



Had a doctors visit today.  I am just over 11 weeks and beginning to feel better.  The baby's heartbeat took awhile to find, which shook me up a bit, but then the rapid beating of its little heart settled my nerves. 180 beats per minute.  Doc says all is good an due back in 4 weeks.  I am beginning to feel better. My worst time of the day is after 4 PM. I just get exhausted and have zero drive for fixing dinner much less trying to eat myself.  Thank the Lord for organic peanut butter and homemade jelly, or my kids might starve.

At the docs office the nurse was telling me how she craved Captian D's fish dipped in spaghetti O's. It made me want to get sick but then Istarted to crave the fish.  So against my better judgement I stopped and got fish and chips at Long John Silvers.  With every bite I prayed it would turn into a carrot as I swallowed. It sure was good. And tonight I am craving Popsicles. I bought the bomb pops at the grocery today.  It saddens me though that the store bought are about a third of the original ice cream truck size. So I ate 3. Yum!!!

2 comments:

  1. The two of them in the duck cracked me and the thought of Makenna riding it down the slide is really funny too. She is so dark! My kids are all so fair.
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Having cravings is a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure was sad to cut our trip short, but had a wonderful time while there in Ky. I just know that God is going to move us back there but must be patient for His timing. It's always great spending time with you, Chris, Kenna and Maddax. I'm trying to make each day a pearl (doing what God wants for that day) instead of looking forward to the future. Each day has enough worries and blessings of it's own. The Spirit is making me a pearl necklace, one day at a time. Mom

    ReplyDelete