Thursday, May 19, 2011

God's Grace

Had an epiphany tonight. Makenna and I were reading her Bible and it was talking about God's grace. It said the meaning of grace was that God will always forgive you for what you have done wrong as long as you go to Him and ask for it. It made me step back and take a hard look at my parenting.

Makenna has pillows on her bed that my mom made that have strings on the bottom that tie it together. She for some reason is drawn to these pillows at rest time.  She somehow someway ends up undoing them. I get so frustrated with her about it that she now gets a consequence for undoing them. Now in the light of eternity this truly does not matter. It is the lesson of obeying. I get that, but what I do not get is that my attitude toward it does not show grace. She comes and asks for forgiveness and I remembering that this is a continued occurrence get frustrated with her yet again. Isn't it amazing that our Heavenly father does not get frustrated with us when we go to him for forgiveness again and again. I think about things that I struggle with and that I constantly stumble over trying to obey God. And every time he is so quick to forgive me and then the Bible says he forgets it like it never happened. I sit and think why can't I be like that.  Why? I am human in an imperfect world filled with sin. It is interesting how much you can learn from a children's Bible, not to mention the child you are reading it to. Thank you Makenna for always showing me the grace I do not deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment