Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gate (Date) Night






I love my husband. For many reasons but the one that stands out the most lately is is his willingness to be an awesome godly father to Maddax and Makenna. My sister and her husband take their kids out on date nights to give them one on one attention and so we decided to borrow this idea. (Note: most of our cool ideas come second hand from my sister or from a book she has lent me. She rocks)


Makenna favorite thing to play or be right now is a princess so we went with that. During regular devotional time at home we make mention of how Makenna is a princess in Gods kingdom and she loves to hear that. Now we have added that she is daddy's princess while she is here on Earth. She often asks if she will one day get rings like monnie has from her prince daddy. We tell her yes when she is older. Chris makes every attempt to tell her daily she is daddy's princess and you can see it in her eyes how much she loves to hear him say that.




We planned a date night for her and daddy to go out and spend some quality time together. She kept calling it a gate night. Like her daddy she tends to mix up words. I find it rather cute and attempt to write them down in a journal I have been keeping for her since I found out I was pregnant. Sorry for the tangent. Back to the story. So Makenna and daddy headed out the door. She was smiling from ear to ear knowing she was going to be out with her prince without the Queen (Me) tagging along. Daddy lets her do more things than monnie would. I guess every once in a while will not hurt. Right?









Chris took her to Mr. Gattis to eat pizza and play games. I for one would rather not eat there. Can you say High Fructose Corn Syrup. Yuck!!! But Makenna loves it. I think more the atmosphere and the games to which she gets tickets to buy treasures (JUNK). She came home later so excited from her date with daddy. I tucked her into bed and she said, "Daddy will always be my girl." She is not really good at using genders appropriately in conversation. She meant, "Daddy will always be my boy."


I am so glad he is developing that realtionship with her. It makes me fall in love with him all over again. And I am so thankful that our heavenly father so wants to have those kind of realtionships with us. We do not have to wait till he is off work for us to have time with him. He is always willing to listen and offer answers. May not always be the answers we want but Thy will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment