Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunny Days

Thank the Lord for the recent span of warm weather.  Makenna was beginning to get cabin fever.  She is very much an outside kind of girl.  Does not matter what she is doing as long as she is outside.  She likes to wash the cars, put out mulch, plant trees, etc. Those things I would much rather Chris do.


Well since it was so nice I let her go outside and play with Playdough.  I pulled out an old vinyl tablecloth and laid it on the ground to make clean up much easier later. (you guessed it, my sisters idea) Then we unloaded the dough and the toys.  Now remember I am type A and I prefer things to be as neat and orderly as possible, so letting Makenna open more than one Playdough can was a huge step for me.  But I thought what the heck, have fun, and I let her open TWO!



Maddax in the meantime woke up from his afternoon nap.  The aroma of his drawers pants filled the room.  After being changed, much against his will, I let him romp into the living room for some fresh air that he and I both needed after the stinch of his room.


I laid a chair sideways to keep him from going outside but allowed him to watch Makenna play.  He enjoyed watching her and playing with the door. 


Remember when I let Makenna open 2 cans of dough.  Well while I was away tending to the stinky sheep she decide to open a few more.  She looked up at me and said, "Monnie I made you a birthday cake."  I had to swallow the huge lump in my throat and say, "Thank you honey." 




As much as I did not want her to mix all those colors she sure did enjoy herself and it is refining me to be more malliable.  We I threw away the lovely birhtday cake after she went to bed. I for one hate the texture of Playdough and was not about to attemp to seperate all the colors. However, if I had just let her open up one can sure there would have been less mess and a more structured clean up but she played so good by herself outside just making me a birthday cake.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful birthday cake! Melissa, LIVE A LITTLE (as Barney Fife would say) and enjoy. Without all those colors Makenna would probably have never been able to be so creative. :) I wish I would have let my children mix the play doughs in life more often.
    She looks like she is having so much fun. Maddax looks so contented to just look out the door.

    ReplyDelete