Friday, June 4, 2010

SOS (HELP!!!)

Okay. Calling out all prayin folk.  I am at the end of my rope.  Maddax has now apparently caught what Makenna still has. He has a runny nose, horse sounding voice, and a rash that I guess is from his Strep leaving town.  I am breaking every Babywise law. Maddax is sleeping with not one, not two, but 3 sleep props. Makenna has been going to sleep in our bed so we can keep her propped up throughout the night to prevent her hour long coughing episodes from the copious amounts of drainage the poor child is battling.  Now I must say she is doing better and we are progressing her back to her bed slowly by going to the couch when Chris and I go to bed. (She says she does not like the color of her walls so she does not want to sleep in there). I know Gary Ezzo is shaking his finger at me as I type this.

On top of all that I am still fighting my nausea with crackers and Ginger Ale. So much for avoiding high fructose corn syrup.  I bought some organic ginger candy today to see if it would alleviate some nausea but the moment I put it in my mouth I nearly vomited on the wall. Once I spit it out I could still taste it.  I think it should be illegal. Add to that the heightened sense of smell I have acquired the past few days and man it ain't good.  The smell of my facial moisturizer is about to put me over the edge as I sit here. 

Oh. I forgot to tell you the added stress from the last week.  One afternoon I went to check the mail after Chris went to work and some thoughtless individual wrote "!**! the Police" on our garage in black permanent marker.  How lovely. Chris was madder than a hornet.  He was out all over town handing out business cards and his PIO phone number to the locals in case they caught wind of any information.  The other officers said he looked like he was politicing for Sheriff.  I know this is when we are to "turn the other cheek" but when you work so hard for things and kids that don't care one lick write on your garage because you wrote them a ticket come along, it sure is hard.  I do not like the taste of humble pie.  I think of what Jesus said,"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." Can I really say that? Working on it.  The sad this is we live in a nice neighborhood and these kids were brave enough to come in our yard in the middle of the day to do this.  They must not know momma packs heat. LOL.

Needless to say I am sick and tired of my kids and I being sick and tired.  Poor Chris is really being a trooper in all of this. I owe him big when I get to feeling better.  I already promised him a movie night Sunday with some friends.

I think the end of the rope I am hanging onto is the hand of Jesus. And to be real truthful I think it is him holding onto me.
On a side note Maddax had been clingy and carrying around Chris' shirt and my shoes.  I could help but take a picture of him in his daddy's shirt. Look at those poor little eyes and face.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there kiddo. The babies will get better and you will catch up on your sleep in about 20 years. As for the scribbles, I just pray that your family will be safe. With his profession, you never know what kind of #*@# stuff you will run into. You are in my prayers for good healthy babies, home, sleep, work, and settled tummy.
    Donna M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing! I am feeling for you. Wish you were closer. I am praying and there is no distance in prayer. Hang on. His promise is true.

    We wait in hope for the Lord:
    he is our help and our shield.
    In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.
    May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord
    even as we put our hope in you.
    Psalm 33:20-23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure would be nice if I were there to hold mommy and kids in my lap and just let them rest in the comfort of my love. Sorry Missy, I know this is hard but you are strong and I know that you can do it. Your house may not be clean, nor great meals on the table, but you just take care of your self and the kids. That is what's important. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete